PA Lottery Powerball is probably the most interesting PA Lottery game available, just because of how easy and exciting it is to play. However, there are a few things you should know before getting your ticket, so make sure to go through our entire guide in order to be fully prepared!
What’s the PA Lottery Powerball?
The PA Lottery was established 47 years ago and has been performing perfectly ever since then. Their goal is to offer fun, entertainment, and a chance to win some money to millions of people.
Powerball became available in Pennsylvania in 2002 and is one of the most popular lottery variations nowadays. Compared to some other PA lottery games, this one is fairly easy to play.
- You have the chance to win anywhere between $4 and the jackpot prize, which changes after each drawing. There are two drawings per week and the jackpot either increases in case no one has won or resets to $40 in case there is a winner.
- Just to give you an idea of how high the jackpot prize can get, we’ll remind you that in January 2016, the jackpot of almost $1.6 billion was split between three winners.
- Each of the three winners had the option to either take the lump-sum payment of $327.8 million or to get $533 million pre-tax as an annuity.
Just for the record – there were two lucky people besides the “billionaire trio” who individually won over half a million dollars, one in December 2013, and the other in August 2017.
How to Play at PA Lottery Powerball?
It is always important to be aware of all the requirements and restrictions before playing lottery. Surprisingly, there is only one requirement in PA Lottery Powerball game, and that is to be older than 18 years old.
The rules say that you don’t even have to be the Pennsylvania resident or a citizen of the United States at all to buy a ticket or win a prize. However, you cannot buy tickets online or redeem the prize anywhere outside the state you bought it at.
Pick 5 out of 69 numbers or get randomly selected ones. For $1 more you can select a number between 1 and 26, which will be your Powerball number.
- If you want to push your luck even more, you can pick a multiplier of x2, x3, x4, x5 or x10 for an additional dollar. In case the picked multiplier is drawn, it will apply to any prize won on the same game.
To win $4, which is the minimum prize in the PA Lottery Powerball, you’ll need to land at least one Powerball along with one of the five numbers, or just the Powerball itself.
- If all five regular numbers are drawn, you’ll win one or two million dollars if there are multipliers. The jackpot is won by matching all five regulars plus the Powerball.
PA Lottery Results for Powerball
If you are lucky to win a prize on at least one of your tickets, here’s what you should do next.
Where and How to Check the results?
To get the most fun out of the PA Lottery Powerball, make sure to check the live TV draw. In case you missed it, you can always visit the official PA Lottery website and enter your numbers to see if you have won.
How to Withdraw the Winnings?
You can withdraw all winnings of up to $2,500 at the Lottery retailer in Pennsylvania. If they are able to, they will pay you in cash, money order or check. Keep in mind that all prizes above $600 require you to submit a Claim Form.
By mailing a filled Claim Form with the signed ticket to the specified address, you can get all prizes above $2,500. Certain prizes such as jackpots have to be claimed at the headquarters located in Middletown.
- Is there a bonus currently available for this game?
The Power Play option can be considered as a bonus.
- Can I play PA Lottery Powerball on mobile?
Yes, you can download the official application on your mobile device
- I have a problem with a game, what do I do?
Make sure to contact the PA Lottery support service via phone or email.